Multi-Vendor Marketplace User Guide
Multi-Vendor Marketplace turns a standard Magento installation into a multi-vendor / multi-seller marketplace. The module provides vendors functionality to create products of all types, to create and to manage orders, invoices, shipments, credit memos, transactions, to manage individual shipping rates and settings, payment methods settings, to receive inquiries from customers, etc.
This way several sellers / vendors can unite their efforts and present a large variety of products on a single platform. Each seller can collect his payments (for example, PayPal) or allow to collect payments to a platform owner. Also, shipping can be managed by sellers in case of a different warehouse location or a shipping policy. A flexible privileges system can split responsibilities between sellers users.
- Configuration settings
- Checkout Totals Sort Order
- Invoice and Packing Slip Design
- Minimum Order Amount
- Gift Options
- Sales Emails
- PDF Print-outs
- Checkout Options
- Shopping Cart
- My Cart Link
- Payment Failed Emails
- Shipping Settings
- Shipping Policy Parameters
- Multishipping Settings
- Shipping Methods
- Flat Rate
- Free Shipping
- Table Rates
- Payment Methods
- Check / Money Order
- Bank Transfer Payment
- Cash On Delivery Payment
- Zero Subtotal Checkout
- Purchase Order
- Authorize.net Direct Post
- Products manager to create individual products of all standard types.
- Orders, invoices, shipments, credit memos and transactions managers.
- Catalog price rules
- Cart price rules
- Custom email templates
- Checkout agreements
- Vendors manager
- Vendor user roles editor to create vendor roles with selected privileges.
- Vendor users manager to create vendor users with desired roles and assign them to vendors. A single vendor user can manage multiple vendors.
- Manage configuration settings for each vendor on global / website / store view level
- Products manager that gives an ability to assign products to vendors.
- Orders, invoices, shipments, credit memos and transactions by vendors. Each entity is assigned to a vendor.
- Catalog price rules per vendor
- Cart price rules per vendor
- Custom email templates per vendor
- Checkout agreements per vendor
- Dashboard statistics for each vendor
- Multi-vendor layered navigation
- Multi-vendor mini-cart
- Multi-vendor cart / multi-cart. A customer can switch between vendor carts and checkout. Concurrent checkout processes are enabled.
- Multishipping checkout per vendor
- Multi-cart API
- Vendors page with vendors grid
- View vendor information page with tabbed interface similar to view product
- Vendor products page
- Contact vendor page
- Product "Other vendor products" block
- Vendor name is displayed on each order, invoice, shipment or credit memo
On the admin menu, select Stores → Other Settings → Vendors. You can manage the list of vendors here.
Once the module is installed, you can see Default vendor installed with all products, orders, invoices, shipments, credit memos and shipping rates assigned.
To create a new vendor, click Add Vendor button.
- Select Status. If a vendor is disabled then vendor products are not available on frontend.
- Enter a unique Code and Name.
- Upload a Logo.
- Enter Description and Short Description.
- Enter Meta Title, Meta Keywords and Meta Description for a vendor public page.
Vendor User Roles
Select System → Permissions → User Roles.
The module extends this standard feature by adding vendor roles.
To create a new vendor role, click Add New Role button.
You can see Vendor Role flag on Role Info tab.
Once Vendor Role flag is enabled the vendor resources are available for selection on the Role Resources tab.
Select System → Permissions → All Users.
Users are divided into administrators and vendors once the module is installed.
To create a new vendor user, click Add New User button.
You can see Vendor User flag on User Info tab. If the flag is enabled then the vendors multiple selector comes available. A vendor user can manage assigned vendors resources only.
Select a vendor role among available on User Role tab.
On the admin menu, select Stores → Settings → Configuration.
The module extends the standard configuration settings function by adding Vendor selector in addition to Store View selector.
Once a vendor is selected, you can enter vendor specific settings on a global / website / store view level.
The standard Dashboard is changed by adding Vendor selector in addition to Store View selector.
Select Catalog → Products.
All products are assigned to Default vendor initially. You can create new products with vendors assigned. Vendor users can see their products only.
Click Add Product button.
Once Vendor is selected the system reloads the form with an ability to select related products of the same vendor. The related products are cross-sells, up-sells, configurable, bundle and grouped child products, related products itself.
Select Sales → Orders.
Vendor column makes it possible to filter orders by vendors. Each order is assigned to a single vendor. Administrator users can manage all orders. At the same time vendor users can see and manage orders of assigned vendors only.
Click Create New Order button.
To create an order, Vendor should be selected on the left sidebar. On a vendor selected, the system loads corresponding products, payment and shipping methods.
The same way each invoice, shipment and credit memo has a vendor information assigned.
On the products page the additional Vendor layered navigation filter is available in case if products are assigned to multiple vendors.
You can see a clickable vendor name next to Sold by label. Also, Vendor Products block can be found at the bottom of the product page.
The standard Magento cart is replaced with a multi-cart function. Each vendor has a separated cart with his own products, settings, shipping methods and payment methods
Mini-cart that is available on the top of each customer area page combines all added products split by vendors. You can checkout or edit cart for each vendor.
Click View Cart button of any vendor.
Multi-cart allows to select a vendor to load a vendor's cart. Each vendor has its own session that makes it is possible to run multiple checkout processes simultaneously.
On the vendors page the list of enabled vendors is presented for a customer. Click a vendor link to check the vendor's information.
On the vendor page you can see a vendor logo, descriptions and the left sidebar menu with items: Vendor Information, Contact Vendor, Vendor Products.
Click Contact Vendor.
You can write a message to the vendor here.
Click Vendor Products.
The full paginated list of vendor products.