Multi-Vendor Marketplace Basic User Guide
- Vendor User Roles
- Vendor Users
- Customer Area
Multi-Vendor Marketplace Basic is a lightweight version of Multi-Vendor Marketplace module that turns Magento installation into a multi-vendor / multi-seller marketplace. The module allows sellers to unite their efforts and present a large variety of products on a single platform. Such model can be attractive both for consumers and sellers. Consumers receive a large variety of products from a wide array of sellers for competitive price. There is no need to spend much time and costs for sellers to start selling their products. Sellers are delegating time-consuming and costly tasks to a marketplace platform owner instead.
We don't reinvent a wheel and utilize most of admin features power for vendors. As a result, vendors can manage their resources (products, orders, etc) similar to how an administrator does it with familiar interfaces. Plus, a lot of custom vendor specific functionality added and we keep going to add more and to improve existing features according to our customers requirements.
- Configuration settings
- Checkout Totals Sort Order
- Invoice and Packing Slip Design
- Minimum Order Amount
- Gift Options
- Sales Emails
- PDF Print-outs
- Checkout Options
- Shopping Cart
- My Cart Link
- Payment Failed Emails
- Multishipping Settings
- Products manager to create individual products of all standard types.
- Orders, invoices, shipments, credit memos and transactions managers.
- Vendors manager
- Vendor user roles editor to create vendor roles with selected privileges.
- Vendor users manager to create vendor users with desired roles and assign them to vendors. A single vendor user can manage multiple vendors.
- Manage configuration settings for each vendor on global / website / store view level
- Products manager that gives an ability to assign products to vendors.
- Orders, invoices, shipments, credit memos and transactions by vendors. Each entity is assigned to a vendor.
- Dashboard statistics for each vendor
- Multi-vendor layered navigation
- Multi-vendor mini-cart
- Multi-vendor cart / multi-cart. A customer can switch between vendor carts and checkout. Concurrent checkout processes are enabled.
- Multishipping checkout per vendor
- Multi-cart API
- Vendors page with vendors grid
- View vendor information page with tabbed interface similar to view product
- Vendor products page
- Contact vendor page
- Product "Other vendor products" block
- Vendor name is displayed on each order, invoice, shipment or credit memo
On the admin menu, select Stores → Other Settings → Vendors. You can manage the list of vendors here. Default vendor is installed with all assets initially.
To create a new vendor, click Add Vendor button.
- Select Status. If a vendor is disabled then vendor products are not available on frontend.
- Enter a unique Code and Name.
- Upload a Logo.
- Enter Description and Short Description.
- Enter Meta Title, Meta Keywords and Meta Description for a vendor public page.
Vendor User Roles
Select System → Permissions → User Roles.
The module extends this standard feature by adding vendor roles in addition to administrator roles.
To create a new vendor role, click Add New Role button.
You can see Vendor Role flag on Role Info tab.
Once Vendor Role flag is enabled the vendor resources are available for selection on the Role Resources tab.
Select System → Permissions → All Users.
Users are divided into administrators and vendors.
To create a new vendor user, click Add New User button.
You can see Vendor User flag on User Info tab. If the flag is enabled then the vendors multiple selector comes available. A vendor user can manage assigned vendors resources only.
Select a vendor role among available on User Role tab.
On the admin menu, select Stores → Settings → Configuration.
The module extends the standard configuration settings function by adding Vendor selector in addition to Store View selector.
Once a vendor is selected, you can enter vendor specific settings on a global / website / store view level.
The standard Dashboard is changed by adding Vendor selector in addition to Store View selector.
Select Catalog → Products.
All products are assigned to Default vendor initially. You can create new products with a single vendor assigned. Each vendor is seeing own products only.
Click Add Product button.
On Vendor selection the system reloads the form with an ability to select related products of the same vendor. The related products are cross-sells, up-sells, configurable, bundle and grouped child products, related products itself.
Select Sales → Orders.
Vendor column makes it possible to filter orders by vendors. Each order is assigned to a single vendor. Administrator users can manage all orders. At the same time vendor users can see and manage orders of assigned vendors only.
Click Create New Order button.
To create an order, Vendor should be selected on the left sidebar. On a vendor selected, the system loads corresponding products, payment and shipping methods.
The same way each invoice, shipment and credit memo has a vendor information assigned.
On the products page the additional Vendor layered navigation filter is available in case if products are assigned to multiple vendors.
You can see a clickable vendor name next to Sold by label. Also, Vendor Products block can be found at the bottom of the product page.
The standard Magento cart is replaced with a multi-cart function. Each vendor has a separated cart with his own products, settings, shipping methods and payment methods
Mini-cart that is available on the top of each customer area page combines all added products split by vendors. You can checkout or edit cart for each vendor.
Click View Cart button of any vendor.
Multi-cart allows to select a vendor to load a vendor's cart. Each vendor has its own session that makes it is possible to run multiple checkout processes simultaneously.
On the vendors page the list of enabled vendors is presented for a customer. Click a vendor link to check the vendor's information.
On the vendor page you can see a vendor logo, descriptions, reviews and the left sidebar menu with items: Vendor Information, Contact Vendor, Vendor Products.
Click Contact Vendor.
You can write a message to the vendor here.
Click Vendor Products.
The full paginated list of vendor products.